Whitehaven Riesling 2013
You can now buy New Zealand (NZ) Whitehaven's Riesling wine in Singapore! When you try it, the first thing you notice is its great aroma and then, while sipping away, the just marginally sweet&sour or maybe mineralised aftertaste. Its very refreshing in its core and went really well with Hong Kong style steamed fish.
- Name: Whitehaven Riesling
- Winemaker: Whitehaven Wine Company
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Techs: volume 750ml, year 2013, alcohol 12.5%, acidity 9.0, pH 2.79, residual sugar 11g/l
- Current Vivino rating is 4.1
- Awarded Gold at Canberra International Riesling Challenge
- Awarded Silver at International Aromatic Wine Competition
- Awarded Silver at Bragato Wine Awards
- Awarded 4 stars by Winestate Magazine
Tasting notes and food pairing ideas:
An abundance of lemon/lime fruit flavours with floral and spice notes. The finish has a lingering clean acid finish. Ideal as an aperitif or well-suited to fresh salads, seafood and Asian cuisine (and the fish we've already mentioned).
The wine is in good balance and ready to enjoy. If cellared for a year or more the wine will gain honeyed bottle-age complexity to augment the distinctive zesty varietal characters exhibited now. The fruit was hand-picked in cool morning conditions. The grapes were destemmed and held on skins for 4-6 hours before being lightly pressed. After settling and clarification, the juice was fermented at a very low temperature with a select yeast strain to retain intense varietal flavours. The ferment was stopped to allow some residual sugar to balance the natural high acidity.
12.5% 2013 white haven riesling white wine resling risling rislin riselin riseling