Whitehaven Pinot Noir 2013
You can now buy New Zealand's White Haven Pinot Noir wine in Singapore! And its an awesome product on our list, full of awards to back it up (if not the most awarded wine of ours). Very rich in taste, with deep colour and a complex set of flavours. It is not a light variety as many of NZ Pinot Noirs are. This one is heavy artillery and will match any grilled food perfectly, along with some distinguished cheeses! Trying a bottle of this - it should be on everyone's "to-do" list!
- Name: Whitehaven Pinot Noir
- Winemaker: Whitehaven Wine Company
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Techs: volume 750ml, year 2013, alcohol 14.0%, acidity 5.6, pH 3.74, residual sugar 2g/l
- NEW ZEALAND PINOT NOIR WINERY OF THE YEAR - Melbourne International Wine Competition
- GOLD MEDAL - Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards
- GOLD MEDAL - China International Wine and Spirits Competition
- GOLD MEDAL - Melbourne International Wine Competition
- Current Vivino rating is 3.7
- Awarded Gold at Mundus Vini 2015
- Awarded Gold at China International Wines and Spirit Show
- Awarded Gold at 'Sakura" Japan Women's Wine Awards
- Awarded Gold at Berliner Wein Trophy Show
- Awarded Silver at NZ International Wine Awards
- Awarded 4 stars by Winestate Magazine
Tasting notes and food pairing ideas:
Lifted cherry and black plum fruit flavours with complex hints of cedar, smoke and oak spices. This wine has a finely balanced, elegant structure and supple, silky tannins. The palate shows a complex array of bright red fruits and savoury flavours. These characters persist on the long fresh finish. A great accompaniment for game meats such as duck or venison.
Will age well with careful cellaring for 3 to 6 years from now. Fruit was sourced from 4 vineyards located in the Awatere, Wairau and Southern Valley sub-regions of Marlborough. Vines are trained on a standard 2 cane trellis with shoot thinning carried out to ensure a healthy open canopy. The fruit was thinned later in the season to ensure concentrated ripe varietal flavours.The fruit was hand-picked in the cool autumn mornings. It was later de-stemmed and transferred to open top vats to cold soak for 5-6 days prior to fermentation. The fruit was hand plunged 3-4 times daily to ensure gentle colour and flavour extraction. Racked into a selection of new and old French oak barrels, the wine was left to mature and underwent a spontaneous malolactic fermentation in spring. The wine was barrel aged for 11 months prior to bottling in March 2013.
14.0% 2012 whitehaven pinot noir red wine pino nuar pino noir pinot nuar