Whitehaven Pinot Gris 2013
You can now buy New Zealand's Whitehaven Pinot Gris wine in Singapore! We urge you to first take a closer look and then taste this hardcore silver medallist - you'll know you've stumbled upon a good one here right away. Its fruity, aromatic, drinks on autopilot. You'll be pouring yourself another one in no time!
- Name: Whitehaven Pinot Gris
- Winemaker: Whitehaven Wine Company
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Techs: volume 750ml, year 2013, alcohol 13.0%, Acidity 5.4, pH 3.44, residual sugar 5g/l
- Current Vivino rating is 3.4
- Awarded Silver at NZ International Wine Show
- Awarded Silver at International Cool Climate Show
- Awarded Silver at Spiegelau International Wine & Spirits Award
- Awarded Silver at Marlborough Wine Show
- Awarded Silver at China International Wine and Spirits Award
Tasting notes and food pairing ideas:
This is a full-flavoured wine, with a rich mouth-filling texture, lingering acidity and an off-dry finish. Pear flavours and some ripe stone fruit dominate the fresh and weighty palate. Savour this complex style with salmon confit, onion tart, mushroom risotto or even roast quail.
This wine is already in good balance this wine can be enjoyed now. Cellaring for a year or two will add texture and complexity enhancing the true varietal characters. Some of the fruit was hand-picked and whole cluster pressed. The balance was machine harvested in cool evening conditions, pressed with minimal skin contact and a press cut taken. The clear juice was fermented at very low temperature with selected yeast strains to preserve the inherent fruit flavours. After fermentation, the wine was regularly stirred on the yeast lees to develop a creamy texture and mouth feel.
13.0% 2013 white haven pinot gris white wine pino gris pino gri pinot gri