Matahiwi Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2014
You can now buy New Zealand's Matahiwi Estate Sauvignon Blanc wine in Singapore! This is the mid-range line of the Matahiwi Estate winery. An example of New Zealand's SB which, to our liking only though, is on a slightly drier side of the taste spectrum. If strong fruity aromas is what you're looking for - this one probably won't match. If you like your white wine dry - definitely give it a try!
- Name: Matahiwi Estate Sauvignon Blanc
- Winemaker: Matahiwi Estate
- Region: Wairarapa, New Zealand
- Techs: year 2014, alcohol 13.5%, acidity 7.35, pH 3.13
- Current Vivino rating is 3.8
- Awarded Silver at the Drinks Business Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters
- Awarded Silver at the China Wine and Spirits Best Value competition 2015
- Awarded Double Gold at the San Francisco Wine show 2014
- Awarded Gold at the China Wine and Spirits Best Value competition 2014
- Awarded Silver at the International Wine Challenge
- Awarded 4 stars by Wine Orbit
- Awarded Bronze at Hong Kong International Wine and Spirit Awards
- Awarded 3 stars by Winestate Magazine NZ
Tasting notes and food pairing ideas:
This vibrant, aromatic wine has flavours of gooseberry and limes, with a lively finish. We love to drink it with seafood and pasta dishes and delicious summer salads.
No cellaring required. The fruit for this wine is sourced from 20 hectares of Sauvignon Blanc plantings at the winemakers home vineyard at Opaki in the Wairarapa, as well as the Hillview and Southdown vineyards in Martinborough. These are young vines that carry a small crop of intensely flavoured grapes. The producers have several different blocks of Sauvignon Blanc where they use various canopy management techniques to get a range of complex flavours from the grapes.
13.5% 2014 matahiwi estate sauvignon blanc white wine matawihi sovignon sovinon sauvinon blan blank