Lake Road Merlot 2014
You can now buyNew Zealand's Lake Road's Merlot wine in Singapore! Quite honestly, to have a red wine from NZ that's not a Pinot Noir is already a rare enough thing to give this wine a try. Moreover, since it is a very fine example of the Merlot variety. So if you're looking for a more full-bodied red wine - give this one a try, its good!
- Name: Lake Road Merlot
- Winemaker: Lake Road Wines
- Region: Gisborne, New Zealand
- Techs: volume 750ml, year 2014, alcohol 12.7%
- Current Vivino rating is 3.5
- Awarded 4 stars (17/20) by Raymond Chan
- Awarded Bronze at the Royal Easter Wine Show
- Awarded Bronze at the New World Wine Awards
Tasting notes and food pairing ideas:
A gentle Merlot showing youthful aromas of red plum, floral and subtle spice. The palate is rounded and juicy with smooth texture and a pleasant dry finish. Great with char-grilled scotch fillet steak or with roasted lamb shanks.
The wine is ready for immediate consumption and into the next 3-4 years. Following extensive crop thinning, the grapes were harvested in late April. It was fermented traditionally on the skins with daily plunging and then oak aged.
12.7% 2014 lake road merlot red wine merlo merlow merlod