Holly Sauvignon Blanc 2014
You can now buy New Zealand's Holly Sauvignon Blanc wine in Singapore! The Holly line is the top premium offering from the Matahiwi Estate winery, named after the owner's daughter. This is a white wine for a true connoisseur, looking for a perfect blent of acidity, modest fruitiness and mild and delicate fragrance.
- Name: Holly Sauvignon Blanc
- Winemaker: Matahiwi Estate
- Region: Wairarapa, New Zealand
- Techs: year 2014, alcohol 13.5%
- Awarded Silver at the San Francisco Wine Show
- Current Vivino rating is 3.9
- Awarded 18+/20 by Raymond Chan
- Awarded Gold at the 2014 International Wine Challenge
- Awarded Gold at the 2014 Decanter Sauvignon Blanc Masters
- Awarded Double Gold at the 2013 China Wine & Spirits Awards
- Awarded Gold at the 2013 Bragato Wine Awards
- Awarded Silver at the 2013 Decanter Asia Wine Awards
- Awarded 3 & ½ stars by Winestate Magazine NZ
- Awarded Gold at the International Wine Challenge
Tasting notes and food pairing ideas:
The wine makers tried to strike a balance with this wine between maintaining the pure Sauvignon fruit vibrancy and building in complex yeast and barrel derived flavours. Lime skin and elderflower aromas along with a mineral, crushed stone note, marry with nutty yeasty characters and a savoury edge. Enjoy this wine with freshly smoked white-fleshed fish served on crostini or try with a leek and pecorino tart.
While this wine is ready to drink now, it can be cellared for up to four years. The fruit for this wine is sourced from the home vineyard at Opaki in the Wairarapa. These blocks receive special care during the season with shoot thinning, bunch thinning and hand leaf plucking to ensure a small and intense crop of premium grapes. Absolute commitment to physiological ripeness is crucial. The wine remains in the barrel on yeast for 10 months to give weight and complexity.
13.5% 2013 matahiwi estate holly sauvignon blanc white wine sovignon sovinon sauvinon blan blank